Dental implants can really change the lives of patients who are missing a tooth— or even multiple teeth. They enable dental prostheses to be placed which, in turn, allow patients to enjoy many benefits, including improvements in:
- Appearance: With a dental implant-supported dental prosthesis, dentists can fill the gaps in a patient’s smile and give them a full set of teeth.
- Speech: Missing certain teeth can impair speech. With a dental implant and the prosthesis that goes with it, patients will have a mouth full of teeth and the ability to speak naturally.
- Food consumption: Having a full set of teeth will help you consume your food more easily and more comfortably as well.
- Oral health: Having all your teeth will support both your jaw and gums. Implants can also prevent bone loss after any teeth are removed.
- Durability: Dental implants are a durable way to replace teeth, so you don’t have to worry about your teeth replacements moving unexpectedly.
What Is the Dental Implant Process?
Dental implants are surgically placed components that support a dental prosthesis like a crown. They also work to support multiple prostheses in a row, such as a dental bridge or dentures.
Dental implants aren’t just simple replacements for missing teeth. They actually help prevent bone loss and decay as well. Implants are designed to replace any tooth roots you have lost in the upper or lower jaws.
Patients who have experienced bone loss due to the missing teeth will need to have their jawbones examined. In some cases, bone can be grafted to support dental implants.
Once the graft between the implant and the bone has been made, the likelihood of further bone loss decreases. This occurs because the implant acts as a natural tooth root and helps preserve jaw structure by stimulating the bone.
At Dogwood Dental, we are pleased to offer both in-office dental implant placement as well as dental implant restoration.
Placing Dental Implants
Placing dental implants can take a couple of hours. The implant itself is a titanium post that will be expertly threaded into the jawbone. Once the implant is in place, a dental prosthesis can easily be attached to complete the restoration process.
We can place most dental implants here in our office, saving you the time and frustration that are often involved in finding an oral surgeon. Rather than searching for another office, you can have your implant placed by the dental professionals you trust.
Dental Implant Restoration
Once your jawbone has healed from the placement process, we can restore your chewing surfaces with crowns, bridges, and dentures. The restoration that you choose will be one that works for your lifestyle as well as your unique health needs.
We are happy to offer these options for your tooth restoration. When you choose to restore your smile at Dogwood Dental, you can enjoy comfort and convenience along with the renewed function and confidence that come with new teeth!
Get a Full Smile Again at Dogwood Dental!
Contact us today for a consultation about dental implants! We look forward to working with you toward achieving a healthier smile.